DID WILLIAM BRYSON BAUM CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
William Bryson Baum with Great American Investors, Inc. Has 8 Customer Complaints For Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is William B. Baum with Great American Investors, Inc.?
William Baum (CRD #1528847) who is currently registered with Great American Investors, Inc. and located in Overland Park, Kansas is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations. Prior to Great American Investors, Inc., William Baum was associated with 5 other investment advisory and brokerage firms with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
William Baum’s employers were not the only ones with regulatory problems. In August 2017, he was suspended for 30 days for circumventing the firm’s supervisory practices relating to communications with clients. He used an Apple iPhone which did not have the technological ability to capture and relay texts for compliance purposes.
Great American Investors, Inc. Broker Misconduct
In his career, William Baum has been the subject of 8 customer complaints that we know about, 2 of those complaints were filed in the last two years to recover investment losses. William Baum was a respondent in an arbitration proceeding where an arbitration award was entered in favor of the investor for unauthorized trading in breach of fiduciary duty. Six of William Baum’s 8 customer complaints were settled in favor of investors.
Allegations Against William Baum
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Claimants alleged that William Baum failed to make suitable investment recommendations, failed to disclose all conflicts of interest, and failed to inform them of all the associated risk with the investment recommendations he made to them.
- Claimants alleged that William Baum recommended unsuitable trading strategies failed to act in their best interest.
- Claimants alleged that William Baum mismanaged their accounts by over-concentrating the holdings in certain stocks and engaging in excessive trading activity.
- Customer alleges that William Baum failed to act in their best interests in managing their accounts.
- Customer alleged William Baum made unsuitable investment recommendations and misrepresentation of the risks related to certain investments.
William Baum Red Flags & Your Rights As An Investor
Of course, William Baum did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of William Baum at Great American Investors, Inc. on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether William Baum has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses. The large number of customer complaints at Great American Investors, Inc. about William Baum also raises questions about its supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim To Recover Your Investment Losses At Great American Investors, Inc.
If you have questions about Great American Investors, Inc. and/or William Baum and the management or performance of your accounts please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.