DID TIMOTHY DOLAN CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Timothy Dolan Of Edward Jones Has 5 Customer Complaints For Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is Timothy Dolan of Edward Jones?
Timothy Dolan (CRD #1716037) who is currently registered with Edward Jones and located in North Kansas City, Missouri is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations.
Timothy Dolan Customer Complaints
Timothy Dolan has been the subject of 5 customer complaints that we know about, and one of those complaints was filed in the last year to recover investment losses. Two of Timothy Dolan’s 5 customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. Three of Timothy Dolan’s customers’ complaints were denied and, to date, the customers have not taken any further action.
Allegations Against Timothy Dolan
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and/or pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Client alleges the sell of $25,000 Moberly MO Certificates of Participation 4.4% was the result of the poor advice/recommendation of Timothy Dolan.
- Client claims she met with Timothy Dolan allegedly to make changes in her funds which client believed would be a safer investment. Client claims she wanted the majority of her funds in a bond fund and was told by the Timothy Dolan there were no bond funds client could place her money in and was advised to leave her money as it was. Client claims she insisted on being more diversified but Timothy Dolan only offered a CD. Client claims she informed the Timothy Dolan she did not want to do that and was given no other options by Timothy Dolan. Client claims she later learned there was a bond fund with American Funds client could have moved to.
- Client is dissatisfied with the performance of her account and claims she has lost most of her money. Client claims she was told she was being put into secure funds allegedly by Timothy Dolan and now believes that was not true.
- The client alleged Timothy Dolan misrepresented that assets would not be sold to convert her Advisory Solutions SEP IRA to an Advisory Solutions IRA account.
- The client claims that Timothy Dolan was told that the account owner was incapable of making sound investment decisions and the complainant (the account owner’s wife) was an inexperienced investor. The complainant states that they did not want to risk or any loss of money and the ability to withdraw funds. The complainant states that the Timothy Dolan told her she would need a POA and she stated that she would speak to a military attorney. Timothy Dolan allegedly recommended mutual funds and would assist with the transfer of funds from the account owners TSP. The complainant states Timothy Dolan contacted her and said the funds were available to make the investments and the complainant states she told Timothy Dolan that the account owner was not home but she thought it was ok to go ahead. Upon receipt of the July statement the complainant was surprised at the decrease in value of the account. She tried to contact the branch and ended up talking with client services. The complainant states she was not told the investments would be subject to the market. The complainant states that account owner gave instructions to liquidate the account and transfer out of Edward Jones. The complainant is requesting the return of the investment in full.
Timothy Dolan Red Flags & Your Rights As An Investor
Of course, Timothy Dolan did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of Timothy Dolan at Edward Jones on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Timothy Dolan has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses. The large number of customer complaints at Edward Jones also raises questions about the brokerage firms’ supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim To Recover Your Investment Losses At Edward Jones Due To Timothy Dolan
If you have questions about Edward Jones and/or Timothy Dolan and the management or performance of your accounts, please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.