DID MARK ANDREW TREWITT CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Mark Andrew Trewitt Formerly With VFG Securities, Inc. And Madison Avenue Securities, Inc. Has 19 Customer Complaints For Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is Mark A. Trewitt formerly with VFG Securities, Inc., and Madison Avenue Securities, Inc.?
Mark Trewitt (CRD #1364490) who was formerly registered with VFG Securities, Inc. and located in Plano, Texas is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations. Prior to VFG Securities, Inc., Mark Trewitt was associated with Niagara International Capital Limited and 8 other investment advisory and brokerage firms with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
Mark Trewitt has had his own regulatory problems. In 2019, a complaint was made to the Texas State Securities Board about his recommendations to clients to invest in non-listed REITs and business development companies and private placements that were unsuitable investment recommendations to many clients. Shortly thereafter, the financial advisor sought registration in the State of Texas with another company. An agreement was made where by Mark Trewitt’s application to be registered as an investment advisor was granted, but on the condition he enter into an agreement with the State of Texas that included a 90 day suspension.
VFG Securities, Inc. And Madison Avenue Securities, Inc. Broker Misconduct
In his career, Mark Trewitt has been the subject of 19 customer complaints that we know about, one of those complaints were filed in the last year to recover investment losses. Fourteen of Mark Trewitt’s customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. There are currently 4 pending customer complaints filed against Mark Trewitt’s former employers VFG Securities, Inc. and/or Madison Avenue Securities, Inc. for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct.
Allegations Against Mark Trewitt
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Claimant alleged that Mark Trewitt recommended an unsuitable over-concentration of alternative investments in his portfolio. Products included variable annuities, direct investments, and private placements in the equipment leasing, oil and gas, and real estate sectors.
- Claimants alleged negligence and breach of fiduciary duty against Mark Trewitt for making unsuitable investment recommendations alternative investments.
- Claimant alleged Mark Trewitt was negligent and breached his fiduciary duty related to recommendations to invest in non-traded REITs.
- Claimant alleged Mark Trewitt made misrepresentations and unsuitable investment recommendations relating multiple alternative investments in his portfolio.
- Claimants allege breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract and negligence pertaining to the recommendation and sales of oil and gas investments.
- Claimants allege negligence, breach of fiduciary duty in relation to unsuitable investment recommendations to invest in a variety of private placements.
- Claimants allege that Mark Trewitt made misrepresentations concerning the safety of the investment strategy.
- Claimant alleged that he was misled by Mark Trewitt to invest in non-traded REITs and private placements.
Mark Trewitt Red Flags & Your Rights As An Investor
Of course, Mark Trewitt did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of Mark Trewitt at VFG Securities, Inc. and Niagara International Capital Limited on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Mark Trewitt has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses. The large number of customer complaints at VFG Securities, Inc. and Madison Avenue Securities, Inc. also raises questions about their supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim To Recover Your Investment Losses At VFG Securities, Inc., and Madison Avenue Securities, Inc.
If you have questions about VFG Securities, Inc., Niagara International Capital Limited and/or Mark Trewitt and the management or performance of your accounts, please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.