DID MARK FRED AUGUSTA CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Mark Augusta Of Hilltop Securities Inc. Has 22 Customer Complaints For Alleged Broker Misconduct
Mark Augusta Customer Complaints
Mark Augusta has been the subject of 22 customer complaints that we know about to recover investment losses. Four of the customer complaints proceeded to arbitration and resulted in awards in favor of the investors. Ten of the customer disputes were settled by Mr. Augusta’s former employers in favor of the investors. Seven of the customer complaints were denied by the brokerage firms and the customers took no further action. There is currently one old customer complaint still pending on his public record.
Allegations Against Mark Augusta
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and/or pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Misrepresentation and breach of fiduciary duty regarding the purchase of municipal bonds.
- Churning and misrepresentations and breach of advisors fiduciary duties.
- Misrepresentation of unrated Bonds in safe investments.
- Failure to do due diligence with respect to recommendation of municipal bonds.
- Negligence and breach of fiduciary duty in regard to solicitation of high-yield bonds.
- Negligent misrepresentation, unsuitability, fraud and breach fiduciary duty in connection with the offer and sale of municipal and corporate bonds.
- Fraud, misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty in connection with part purchases of numerous municipal bonds.
- Unauthorized purchase of bonds.
- Poor recommendation with respect to purchase of a swap rate length certificate of deposit.
- Breach of fiduciary duty, constructive fraud, fraud, and elder financial abuse.
- Unsuitable investments, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation/omissions, negligence and violations of California securities laws.
- Unauthorized and unsuitable investments.
Mark Augusta Red Flags & Your Rights As An Investor
Of course, Mark Augusta did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of Mark Augusta at Hilltop Securities Inc. on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Mark Augusta has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses. The large number of customer complaints at Hilltop Securities Inc. also raises questions about the brokerage firm’s supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim To Recover Your Investment Losses At Hilltop Securities Inc. Due To Mark Augusta
If you have questions about Hilltop Securities Inc. and/or Mark Augusta and the management or performance of your accounts, please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.