DID JOSEPH PATRICK ROOP CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Joseph Patrick Roop Of Dempsey Lord Smith, LLC And Formerly With Kalos Capital, Inc. Has 9 Customer Complaints For Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is Joseph P. Roop with Dempsey Lord Smith, LLC?
Joseph Roop (CRD #2774470) who is currently registered with Dempsey Lord Smith, LLC and located in Belmont, North Carolina is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations. Prior to Dempsey Lord Smith, LLC, Joseph Roop was associated with Kalos Capital, Inc. and 8 other investment advisory and brokerage firms with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
Dempsey Lord Smith, LLC And Kalos Capital, Inc. Broker Misconduct
In his career, Joseph Roop has been the subject of 9 customer complaints that we know about, 4 of those complaints were filed in the last year to recover investment losses. Eight of Joseph Roop’s 9 customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. There is currently one pending customer complaint filed against Joseph Roop’s former employer Kalos Capital, Inc. for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct.
Allegations Against Joseph Roop
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Customer alleged Joseph Roop failed to conduct reasonable due diligence, made misrepresentations, and recommended an investment portfolio comprised of speculative private placements offered by GPB Capital Holdings, LLC.
- Client alleged that Joseph Roop made unsuitable investment recommendations to invest in alternative investments such as REITs and other securities in the oil and gas sector.
- Client alleged that Joseph Roop made unsuitable investment recommendations to invest in the REITs and business development companies and sold securities in the State of Alabama where he was not registered.
- Customer alleged unsuitable investment recommendations, misrepresentations, and excessive trading of options in a margin account.
- Client alleged that Joseph Roop made unsuitable investment recommendations to invest in equity products and options.
- Client alleged unsuitable option trading in his account.
Joseph Roop Red Flags & Your Rights As An Investor
Of course, Joseph Roop did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of Joseph Roop at Dempsey Lord Smith, LLC and Kalos Capital, Inc. on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Joseph Roop has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses. The large number of customer complaints at Kalos Capital, Inc. also raises questions about its supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim To Recover Your Investment Losses At Dempsey Lord Smith, LLC And Kalos Capital, Inc.
If you have questions about Dempsey Lord Smith, LLC, Kalos Capital, Inc. and/or Joseph Roop and the management or performance of your accounts, please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.