DID GEORGE CRAIG MERHOFF, JR. CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
George C. Merhoff, Jr., Formerly With Cetera Advisors Has 49 Customer Complaints For Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is George C. Merhoff, Jr., Formerly With Cetera Advisors?
George Merhoff (CRD# 2918171) who was formerly registered with Cetera Advisors and located in Kalmouth Falls, Oregon is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations. Prior to Cetera Advisors George Merhoff was associated with 2 other investment advisory and brokerage firms with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems. George Merhoff was terminated by Cetera Advisors for making undisclosed payments to clients. He was subsequently barred from association with any securities broker-dealer permanently by the FINRA and subject of a Cease and Desist Order by the Oregon Division of Financial Regulation
George Merhoff Broker Misconduct
In his career, George Merhoff has been the subject of 49 customer complaints that we know about, 15 of those complaints were filed in the last two years to recover investment losses. Thirty-four of George Merhoff’s customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. There are currently 15 pending customer complaints filed against George Merhoff most recent employer Cetera Advisors for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct.
Allegations Against George Merhoff
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Claimant alleges unsuitable investment recommendations.
- Violation of Oregon securities law, breach of fiduciary duty, unsuitable investment recommendations, violation of FINRA rules, and negligence.
- Breach of fiduciary duty, unsuitable investment recommendations, violation of FINRA’s rules, negligence, and breach of contract.
- Incurred investment losses due to over-concentration.
- Breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, material omissions of fact, breach of contract, professional negligence, violation of Oregon and SEC securities laws.
- Negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and violation of Oregon securities laws.
- Negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Unsuitable investments, common law fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, violation of Oregon securities laws.
- Unsuitable investments which resulted in portfolio decline.
- Violation of Oregon securities laws, violation of California Corporation code, and negligence
George Merhoff Red Flags & Your Rights As An Investor
Of course, George Merhoff did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of George Merhoff at on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether George Merhoff has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses. The large number of customer complaints at Cetera Advisors also raises questions about supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim To Recover Your Investment Losses At Cetera Advisors
If you have questions about Cetera Advisors and/or George Merhoff and the management or performance of your accounts please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889 or locally at 561-338-0037.