DID DENNIS PHILLIP AYER CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Dennis Phillip Ayer Formerly with Hilltop Securities Inc., And Oppenheimer & Co., Inc. Has 7 Customer Complaints For Alleged Broker Misconduct In the Past Year
Who is Dennis P. Ayer formerly with Hilltop Securities Inc., Oppenheimer & Co., Inc.?
Dennis Ayer (CRD #5365176) who was formerly registered with Hilltop Securities Inc. and located in Beverly Hills, California is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations. Prior to Hilltop Securities Inc., Dennis Ayer was associated with Oppenheimer & Co., Inc. and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated and four other firms with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
Hilltop Securities Inc. Broker Misconduct
In his career, Dennis Ayer has been the subject of 7 customer complaints that we know about, all of those complaints were filed in the last year to recover investment losses. One of Dennis Ayer’s 7 customer complaints was settled in favor of investors. There are currently 6 pending customer complaints filed against Dennis Ayer’s former employers Hilltop Securities Inc., Oppenheimer & Co. and Merrill Lynch, Pierce Fenner & Smith for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct.
Allegations Against Dennis Ayer
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Claimant alleges excessive risk relative to clients stated objectives.
- Suitability related to over-concentration in Foresight Energy, LLC.
- Claimant alleges claims for breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, and negligent misrepresentation concerning investments in Foresight Energy, LLC.
- Unsuitable recommendations and misrepresentations.
- Claimants assert claims for failure to supervise, breach of fiduciary duty, respondeat superior, or, unsuitability, breach of contract, violations of the California securities laws, violation of FINRA rules, fraud, and other common law claims relating to purchases of certain stocks and bonds of energy companies.
- Claimant alleged investment advice suitability issues related to excessive risk in strategy deviation.
Dennis Ayer Red Flags & Your Rights As An Investor
Of course, Dennis Ayer did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of Dennis Ayer at Hilltop Securities Inc., Oppenheimer & Co., Inc., and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Dennis Ayer has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses. The large number of customer complaints at Hilltop Securities Inc., Oppenheimer & Co., Inc., and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated also raises questions about supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim To Recover Your Investment Losses At Hilltop Securities Inc.
If you have questions about Hilltop Securities Inc., Oppenheimer & Co., Inc., and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated and/or Dennis Ayerand the management or performance of your accounts please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.