DID BRUCE ALBERT SLATER CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Bruce Slater Of SagePoint Financial And Formerly With Transamerica Financial Advisors Has 7 Customer Complaints For Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is Bruce Slater of SagePoint Financial?
Bruce Slater (CRD #1547792) who is currently registered with SagePoint Financial and located in Northville, Michigan is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations. Prior to SagePoint Financial, Bruce Slater was associated with Transamerica Financial Advisors and other investment advisory and brokerage firms with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
Bruce Slater Customer Complaints
Bruce Slater has been the subject of 7 customer complaints that we know about. Four of Bruce Slater’s 7 customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. Three of Bruce Slater’s customers’ complaints were denied and, to date, the customers have not taken any further action.
Allegations Against Bruce Slater
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and/or pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Claimant alleged Bruce Slater recommended that she heavily concentrate her portfolio in speculative securities, which were unsuitable given her age, net worth and risk tolerance.
- Claimants alleged that Bruce Slater failed to properly advise them of the risks of the investments and recommended a speculative trading strategy that was unsuitable and that he failed to implement a protective strategy that would have protected them from losses.
- Client alleged that Bruce Slater intentionally invested customer’s funds in unsuitable high-risk products, generating large front loaded fees inappropriate for their conservative to moderate portfolio position.
- Client alleged that an investment made by Bruce Slater in a variable annuity was unsuitable for his IRA fund.
- Customer alleged that Bruce Slater did not provide her with copies of paperwork signed for a nonqualified investment. Customer also alleged that representative mistakenly deposited nonqualified monies into customer’s IRA causing her to incur tax liabilities and penalties.
- The clients invested in Ridgewood Energy Fund allegedly through Bruce Slater. The clients alleged that the product was not suitable and inconsistent with their objectives.
Bruce Slater Red Flags & Your Rights As An Investor
Of course, Bruce Slater did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of Bruce Slater at SagePoint Financial and Transamerica Financial Advisors on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Bruce Slater has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses. The large number of customer complaints at SagePoint Financial and Transamerica Financial Advisors also raises questions about the brokerage firms’ supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim To Recover Your Investment Losses At SagePoint Financial Due To Bruce Slater
If you have questions about SagePoint Financial, Transamerica Financial Advisors, and/or Bruce Slater and the management or performance of your accounts, please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.