DID ANGELO TALEBI CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Angelo Talebi formerly with Independent Financial Group, LLC Has 36 Customer Complaints for Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is Angelo Talebi formerly with Independent Financial Group, LLC?
Angelo Talebi (CRD #2243829) who was formerly registered with Independent Financial Group, LLC and located in Sherman Oaks, California is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations. Prior to Independent Financial Group, LLC, Angelo Talebi was associated with Royal Alliance Associates, Inc. and three other investment advisory and brokerage firms with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
In December 2015, Angelo Talebi consented, without admitting or denying the allegations, to a 60-day suspension and $10,000 fine imposed by FINRA for allegedly exercising discretion without advising employer and trading a customer’s account online and another brokerage firm.
Independent Financial Group, LLC Broker Misconduct
In his career, Angelo Talebi has been the subject of 36 customer complaints that we know about to recover investment losses. Twenty-two of Angelo Talebi’s 36 customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. Thirteen complaints were denied by Angelo Talebi’s former employer’s in the customers took no action to date. There are currently 2 pending customer complaints filed against Angelo Talebi’s former employer Independent Financial Group, LLC for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct.
Allegations Against Angelo Talebi
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- The claimant alleges her assets were invested in complex, risky, and costly investments that were not in line with her stated objectives, including, Real Estate Investment Trusts (“REITs”) and Business Development Companies (“BDCs”).
- The claimant alleges an appropriate variable annuity, BDC and REIT investments or recommended and misrepresented.
- The client alleges misrepresentation in connection with the purchase of an annuity and other alternative investments and that the investments were not suitable.
- Customers allege misrepresentation in connection with unsuitable recommendations to invest in variable annuities and REITs.
- Suitability, misrepresentation, negligence, violation of FINRA Rules, and breach of contract.
- Customer’s alleged misrepresentation and unsuitability in connection with the purchase of a limited partnership fund.
- The claimant alleges misrepresentation and unsuitability in connection with an investment in LEAF IV, a REIT, and a variable annuity.
- Misrepresentation, unsuitability in connection with an investment in a limited partnership, REIT, and variable annuity. Additionally, the claimant alleged excessive trading and unsuitable use of margin.
- The claimant alleges unsuitability, and failure to disclose risks associated with limited partnership investments.
- Claimants allege mismanagement of securities accounts, including excessive trading, use of margin, over-concentration, and unsuitable investment recommendations.
Angelo Talebi Red Flags & Your Rights as An Investor
Of course, Angelo Talebi did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of Angelo Talebi at Independent Financial Group, LLC on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Angelo Talebi has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses.
A large number of customer complaints at Independent Financial Group, LLC also raises questions about supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim to Recover Your Investment Losses At Independent Financial Group, LLC
If you have questions about Independent Financial Group, LLC and/or Angelo Talebiand the management or performance of your accounts please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.