The collapse of Citigroup's fixed income hedge funds marketed as MAT or ASTA in 2007 and 2008 is the subject of an investigation of Citigroup, Inc., and numerous investor claims being pursued by The Law Offices of Robert Wayne Pearce, P.A., for MAT/ASTA fraud and MAT/ASTA mismanagement.
The Citigroup/Smith Barney brokers and Citibank private bankers who sold the hedge funds are not the targets of the MAT/ASTA investigation or MAT/ASTA investor claims. Rather, the investigation and claims focus on Citigroup, Inc. (NYSE: c), Citigroup Global Markets, Inc., Citibank, N.A., and Citigroup Alternative Investments, LLC, and the officers who developed, mismarketed and mismanaged the MAT/ASTA municipal arbitrage funds.Mismanagement Claims Lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida
We represent numerous MAT and ASTA investors and have resolved over two dozen disputes in arbitration or by settlement. Our experience and client base is growing every day. Several articles of interest, including the arbitration award obtained by Robert Pearce in Kazma v. Citigroup and the MAT/ASTA Investor Report are set forth below:
- Questions Raised About SEC's Delayed Prosecution of Citigroup for MAT/ASTA Fraud
- Kazma MAT/ASTA Award Is Subject of a Front Page Wall Street Journal Story
- Brokers May Reap Big Rewards for Reporting Alleged Fraudulent Conduct By Citigroup
- Front Page Article in the Wall Street Journal Highlights Recent MAT/ASTA Arbitration Award
- MAT/ASTA Investor Report
- MAT/ASTA Municipal Arbitrage Funds - Citi's Latest Product Problem
- Citigroup's Mismanagement of MAT/ASTA Funds Produces "Grand Slam" Award for Investors
- It's Not Too Late for Investors to Obtain Recovery of MAT/ASTA Municipal Arbitrage Losses
- Citigroup Affiliates Found Liable for Mismanaging the MAT/ASTA Municipal Arbitrage Funds
- Kazma Citigroup Arbitration Award
Contact The Law Offices of Robert Wayne Pearce, P.A., to discuss your MAT/ASTA claim. The firm can be reached by phone at 561-338-0037, toll free at 800-732-2889 or via e-mail.