DID SHAWN DAVIS CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Shawn Davis of Uncommon Capital Has 10 Customer Complaints Filed For Broker Misconduct In The Past 2 Years
Who is Shawn Davis of Uncommon Capital And Formerly Independent Financial Group?
Shawn Davis (CRD# 2911230), owner of Uncommon Capital, an investment advisory firm located in Granite Bay, California is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales abuse investigations. He was last registered in the securities industry as an associate of Independent Financial Group in Auburn, California.
Independent Financial Group Broker Misconduct
Mr. Davis has drawn our attention due to the eleven (11) customer complaints filed against him, ten (10) of those complaints have been filed within the last two years. Two of those customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. There are currently nine (9) pending customer complaints filed against Mr. Davis’ former employers for his alleged misconduct.
Allegations Against Shawn Davis
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements, and pending complaints are as follows:
- Customers allege they were invested in large concentrations of high-risk, illiquid investments (REITs and Non-traded REITs) that were not suitable.
- The clients allege that the investments they purchased in 2011 were unsuitable and misrepresented to them by the representative. The clients also allege the firm failed to supervise the actions of the representative.
- Customers allege REIT investments were unsuitable, not in line with their investment objectives and that they were inappropriately over-concentrated in illiquid investments.
- The clients allege the investments they purchased in 2012 were unsuitable and misrepresented to them by the representative. The clients also allege the firm failed to conduct adequate due diligence and failed to supervise the representative.
- Clients correspondence alleged they were not fully informed of the risks associated with REIT offerings purchased from 2013 to 2015.
Shawn Davis Red Flags & Your Rights As An Investor
Of course, Mr. Davis did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by ten (10) customers in such a short period are red flags which should put all former customers of Mr. Davis at Independent Financial Group on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Mr. Davis has engaged in stockbroker misconduct that caused their investment losses. The large number of customer complaints also raises questions about Independent Financial Group’s supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File a Claim To Recover Losses From Independent Financial Group
If you have questions about Independent Financial and/or Mr. Davis and the performance of your accounts contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.