DID PAUL JOHN ROY CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Paul John Roy with Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Has 2 Customer Complaints for Alleged Broker Misconduct in the Past 2 Years
Who is Paul J. Roy with Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC?
Paul Roy (CRD #1100810) who is currently registered with Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC and located in Cloquet, Minnesota is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations.
Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC is an investment advisory and brokerage firm with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Broker Misconduct
In his career, Paul Roy has been the subject of 5 customer complaints that we know about, 2 of those complaints were filed in the last 2 years to recover investment losses. Two of Paul Roy’s 5 customer complaints were settled in favor of investors.
The remaining customer complaints filed against Paul Roy’s current employer Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct were denied and the customers took no further action.
Allegations Against Paul Roy
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Clients alleged negligent advice in connection with income riders for their variable annuities.
- Claimants allege that they received negligent advice from Paul Roy in connection with the sale of gifted stock and the purchase of a life insurance policy. Further, claimants allege fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and violations of securities laws.
- The client alleges variable annuity and IRA sold to him was an unsuitable investment recommendation by Paul Roy.
- The client alleges that Paul Roy recommended appropriate variable annuities and failed to disclose the applicable surrender charges.
- The client alleged they received negligent advice in connection with their securities portfolio and were sold a variable universal life insurance policy that they did not need for insurance purposes.
Paul Roy Red Flags & Your Rights as An Investor
Of course, Paul Roy did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags that should put all current and former customers of Paul Roy at Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Paul Roy has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses.
A large number of customer complaints at Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC about Paul Roy raises questions about its supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim to Recover Your Investment Losses at Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC
If you have questions about Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC and/or Paul Roy and the management or performance of your accounts, please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.