DID MARK ALLEN BARRAND CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Mark Allen Barrand Of Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC And Formerly with Cetera Advisors, LLC Has 7 Customer Complaints for Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is Mark A. Barrand with Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC?
Mark Barrand (CRD #4586528) who is currently registered with Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC and located in Denver, Colorado is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations. Prior to Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC, Mark Barrand was associated with Cetera Advisors LLC and another investment advisory and brokerage firm with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC Broker Misconduct
In his career, Mark Barrand has been the subject of 7 customer complaints that we know about, 2 of those complaints were filed in the last year to recover investment losses. Six of the 7 customer complaints arose in connection with his employment at Cetera Advisors, LLC.
Two of Mark Barrand’s 7 customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. Three of the customer complaints were denied by his former employer Cetera Advisors and to date, customers have not taken any further action. There are currently 2 pending customer complaints filed against Mark Barrand’s former employer Cetera Advisors, LLC for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct.
Allegations Against Mark Barrand
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Failure to perform due diligence, unsuitable investment recommendations, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and negligence in connection with the recommendation and purchase of direct investments and limited partnership interests.
- Complainants or customers of the former registered representative and assert claims for misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, professional negligence, and violation of securities regulations connection with the purchase of a variable annuity.
- The clients alleged that the terms of their variable annuity contracts and unit investment trusts were misrepresented by the financial advisor.
- Misrepresentation, and failure to follow instructions in the placement of orders related to mutual funds.
- The customer alleges unsuitable investment recommendations of real estate securities in business development companies.
- The customer alleges that respondents recommended unsuitable investments, namely, Oppenheimer SteelPath MLP Alpha Plus Fund and Northstar Health Care REIT investments.
Mark Barrand Red Flags & Your Rights as An Investor
Of course, Mark Barrand did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of Mark Barrand at Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC and Cetera Advisors LLC on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Mark Barrand has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses.
The large number of customer complaints at Cetera Advisors LLC about Mark Barrandalso raises questions about its supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim to Recover Your Investment Losses At Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC And Cetera Advisors, LLC
If you have questions about Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC, Cetera Advisors LLC, and/or Mark Barrandand the management or performance of your accounts please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.