DID JOHN ALEXANDER TARPINIAN CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
John Alexander Tarpinian formerly with Paulson Investment Company, LLC Has 13 Customer Complaints for Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is John A. Tarpinian formerly with Paulson Investment Company, LLC?
John Tarpinian (CRD #1013555) who was formerly registered with Paulson Investment Company, LLC and located in New York, New York is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations. Prior to Paulson Investment Company, LLC, John Tarpinian was associated with Newport Coast Securities, Inc. and 9 other investment advisory and brokerage firms with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
In January 2018, John Tarpinian, settled an investigation of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, without admitting or denying the allegations, that he engaged in undisclosed principal trades with advisory clients while he was associated with Newport Coast Securities, Inc. He was ordered to cease-and-desist those activities, pay $50,000, and disgorgement in a civil monetary penalty of $25,000.
Paulson Investment Company LLC Broker Misconduct
In his career, John Tarpinian has been the subject of 13 customer complaints that we know about recover investment losses. Eleven of John Tarpinian’s 13 customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. There is currently one customer complaint pending against John Tarpinian’s former employer Paulson Investment Company, LLC for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct in connection with the purchase of structured notes.
Allegations Against John Tarpinian
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Claimants allege unsuitability, common law fraud, breach of contract, negligent supervision, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Claimants allege unsuitability related to bond transactions.
- Claimants allege unsuitability related to interest rate structured products.
- The client alleges mismanagement and unauthorized trading in his IRA account.
- Account related negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, and breach of contract.
- The claimant alleges damages due to negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, fraud, and misrepresentation, breach of contract, and violations of industry standards and rules.
- Claims allege that representatives engage in unauthorized transactions and churned their accounts. Further, certain documents did not contain authorized signatures.
- Claims allege that John Tarpinian made unsuitable recommendations to purchase structured notes.
John Tarpinian Red Flags & Your Rights as An Investor
Of course, John Tarpinian did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of John Tarpinian at Paulson Investment Company, LLC and Newport Coast Securities, Inc. on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether John Tarpinian has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses.
The large number of customer complaints at Paulson Investment Company, LLC and Newport Coast Securities, Inc. also raises questions about supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim to Recover Your Investment Losses At Paulson Investment Company, LLC
If you have questions about Paulson Investment Company LLC, Newport Coast Securities, Inc. and/or John Tarpinianand the management or performance of your accounts please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.