DID JIMMY MAKRIS CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Jimmy Makris formerly with Calton & Associates, Inc. Has 9 Customer Complaints for Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is Jimmy Makris formerly with Calton & Associates, Inc.?
Jimmy Makris (CRD #1754955) who was formerly registered with Calton & Associates, Inc. and located in Clearwater, Florida is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations.
Prior to Calton & Associates, Inc., Jimmy Makris was associated with 5other investment advisory and brokerage firms with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
Calton & Associates, Inc. Broker Misconduct
In his career, Jimmy Makris has been the subject of 9 customer complaints that we know about, 2 of those complaints were filed in the last two years to recover investment losses. Four of Jimmy Makris’ 9 customer complaints were settled in favor of investors.
Three of the customer complaints were denied by his former employer’s it today, the investors had not taken any further action. There are currently 2 pending customer complaints filed against Jimmy Makris’ former employer Calton & Associates, Inc. for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct.
Allegations Against Jimmy Makris
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- The customer alleged unsuitable investment recommendations, breach of contract, common law fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty related to variable annuity investments.
- The claimant alleged misrepresentations, unauthorized trading, and unsuitable recommendations of unit investment trusts, real estate securities, and corporate debt transactions.
- The client alleged breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, and unsuitable investment recommendations related to variable annuities.
- The client alleged that she purchased a variable annuity from a representative when he was not authorized to sell the securities in the state where she lived. She also alleged that the financial advisor failed to disclose the surrender charges.
- The claimant alleged unsuitable recommendations of the private placement and limited partnership interests.
- The customer alleged negligence in connection with variable annuities and mutual fund investments
Jimmy Makris Red Flags & Your Rights as An Investor
Of course, Jimmy Makris did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags that should put all current and former customers of Jimmy Makris at Calton & Associates, Inc. on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Jimmy Makrishas engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses.
The large number of customer complaints at Calton & Associates, Inc. also raises questions about supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim to Recover Your Investment Losses At Calton & Associates, Inc.
If you have questions about Calton & Associates, Inc. and/or Jimmy Makrisand the management or performance of your accounts please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.