DID GENEVIEVE GARCIA MAR CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Genevieve Garcia Mar with Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc. Has 3 Customer Complaints For Alleged Broker Misconduct In the Past 2 Years
Who is Genevieve G. Mar with Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc.?
Genevieve Mar (CRD #2744037) who is currently registered with Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc. and located in Northbrook, Illinois is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations. Prior to Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc., Genevieve Mar was associated with the 4 other investment advisory and brokerage firms with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc. Broker Misconduct
In her career, Genevieve Mar has been the subject of 6 customer complaints that we know about, 3 of those complaints were filed in the last two years to recover investment losses. One of the complaints was arbitrated, and an award was entered against her for $125,000. Two of Genevieve Mar’s 6 customer complaints were settled by her former employers in favor of investors. There are currently 3 pending customer complaints filed against Genevieve Mar’s current employer Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc. for investment losses caused by her alleged misconduct.
The arbitration proceeding involved the offer and sale of promissory notes issued by a company whose assets were later frozen by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Claimants in that arbitration, alleged that Genevieve the Mar breached her fiduciary duty, made misrepresentations and was negligent in the offer and sale of those securities.
One Claimant was awarded $50,000 and the other $75,000 full compensation of the investments. They made through Genevieve Mar.
Allegations Against Genevieve Mar
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Client alleged that the investments were not suitable, and that the high risk associated with those real estate investments was not fully explained at the time they were offered and sold to the investors.
- The customer alleged that the Tenant in Common real estate investments purchased through Genevieve Mar were unsuitable and that the representative did not fully disclose all the risks associated with them.
- Client alleges that the registered representative mismanaged her account by investing in illiquid real estate and business development companies.
- Client alleges that Genevieve Mar placed him in illiquid REITs that stopped paying dividends that were inconsistent with his investment objectives.
- Claimants alleged that the investments recommended, REITs, variable annuities, promissory notes and business development companies, were unsuitable and misrepresented.
Genevieve Mar Red Flags & Your Rights As An Investor
Of course, Genevieve Mar did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of Genevieve Mar at Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc. on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Genevieve Mar has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses. The large number of customer complaints about Genevieve Mar at Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc. also raises questions about its supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim To Recover Your Investment Losses At Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc.
If you have questions about Berthel, Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc. and/or Genevieve Mar and the management or performance of your accounts please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.