DID CHRISTOPHER ANTHONY FERNAN CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Christopher Anthony Fernan Formerly with Salomon Whitney Financial Has 6 Customer Complaints for Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is Christopher A. Fernan formerly with Salomon Whitney Financial?
Christopher Fernan (CRD #5896584) who was formerly registered with Salomon Whitney Financial and located in Melville, New York is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations.
Prior to Salomon Whitney Financial, Christopher Fernan was associated with Rockwell Global Capital LLC and 3 other investment advisory and brokerage firms with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
Christopher Fernan has had his own problem with the authorities and law. He was once criminally convicted for assault with intent to rob a victim. In October 2020, Christopher Fernan entered into an agreement with FINRA that he refused to appear for and-the-record testimony requested by FINRA as part of an investigation into a customer complaint and was permanently barred from any further association with any member firm in any capacity in the future.
Salomon Whitney Financial Broker Misconduct
In his career, Christopher Fernan has been the subject of 6 customer complaints that we know about, 2 of those complaints were filed in the last year to recover investment losses. Last year an arbitration award was entered against his former employer Salomon Whitney Financial for his alleged misconduct causing investors losses.
Two of Christopher Fernan’s other customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. Three customer complaints were denied by his former employer’s in the customers did not take any further action. There is currently one pending customer complaint filed against Christopher Fernan’s former employer Freedom Investors Corp. for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct.
Allegations Against Christopher Fernan
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- The claimant alleged that Christopher Fernan violated FINRA Rules 2110, 2120, 2111, and 3010 in connection with options trading.
- The client alleged that the broker guaranteed the account against losses and would pay her back but failed to do so.
- The client claims to have loaned Christopher Fernan monies which he only partially repaid.
- The client alleged that Christopher Fernan made unsuitable option transactions in his account.
- The claimant alleged fraud, deceptive practices, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and negligence related to stock and options trading.
- The client alleged fraud, excessive trading or churning, unauthorized trading, breach of fiduciary duty, unsuitable investment recommendations, and breach of contract in connection with stock and options transactions.
- The customer alleged and proved in an arbitration proceeding his allegations that Christopher Fernan engaged in stockbroker misconduct which resulted in an arbitration award in the investor’s favor.
Christopher Fernan Red Flags & Your Rights as An Investor
Of course, Christopher Fernan did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags that should put all current and former customers of Christopher Fernan at Salomon Whitney Financial and Rockwell Global Capital LLC on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Christopher Fernan has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses.
The large number of customer complaints at Salomon Whitney Financial and Rockwell Global Capital LLC about Christopher Fernan also raises questions about their supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim to Recover Your Investment Losses at Salomon Whitney Financial and Rockwell Global Capital, LLC
If you have questions about Salomon Whitney Financial, Rockwell Global Capital, LLC and/or Christopher Fernan, and the management or performance of your accounts, please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.