DID CHRISTOPHER DUKE BENNETT CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Christopher Duke Bennett formerly with J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC Has 15 Customer Complaints for Alleged Broker Misconduct
Who is Christopher D. Bennett formerly with J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC?
Christopher Bennett (CRD #2510231) who was formerly registered with J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC and located in Louisville, Kentucky is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations. Christopher Bennett has been associated with J.J.B. Hillard, W.L. Lyons since 1995, a brokerage firm with a history of customer complaints and securities industry regulatory problems.
Christopher Bennett Broker Misconduct
In his career, Christopher Bennett has been the subject of 15 customer complaints that we know about. Eight of Christopher Bennett’s 15 customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. An arbitration award was entered against his employer and him for $445,000. One claim was denied by his employer antedate the customer is not taking any further action.
There are currently 5 pending customer complaints filed against Christopher Bennett’s former employer J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct.
Allegations Against Christopher Bennett
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration award and claims resulting in settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- Christopher Bennett was named in a customer complaint that asserted the following causes of action: breach of fiduciary duty, unauthorized trading, suitability, churning, misrepresentation, omission of facts, common law negligence, fraud, failure to supervise, common law, negligent supervision, Respondeat Superior, violation of Kentucky statutes and regulations, and violation of FINRA Rules, including, without limitation, KRS 292.480; 808 KAR 10:030, Section 1 (12), (13), (18), and (22); 808 KAR 10:030, Section 2 and 3; and FINRA Rules, 2010, 2020, 2090, 2111, and 30 110. Claimant alleged that Christopher Bennett executed transactions in her accounts without authorization, allocated her assets in an unsuitable manner for her age and investment objectives without discussing the risks of such re-allocation, and engaged in excessive trading in her accounts. This claim resulted in an arbitration award against Christopher Bennett and his employer in the amount of $445,000.
- The claimant alleged violation of the Kentucky Securities Act, breach of fiduciary duty, and unsuitable investment recommendations.
- The client expressed concerns over losses in the account and alleges that the representative had conducted trading without her permission and that she was charged excessive commissions on those transactions.
- Former client alleges breach of fiduciary duty, violation of the Kentucky Securities Act, common law fraud, breach of contract, negligent/negligent misrepresentation and omissions, and negligent supervision related to the purchase of Breitburn Energy.
- The claimant alleges that the registered representative failed to properly diversify our portfolio and invested in products that exposed the client’s portfolio to significant risk.
- Claimants allege unauthorized trading and violation of suitability rules with regard to certain securities in the oil and gas sector.
Christopher Bennett Red Flags & Your Rights as An Investor
Of course, Christopher Bennett did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of Christopher Bennett at J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Christopher Bennett has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses.
The large number of customer complaints at J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC also raises questions about supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim To Recover Your Investment Losses At J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC
If you have questions about J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC and/or Christopher Bennett and the management or performance of your accounts please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.