DID ADAM MICHAEL LOPEZ CAUSE YOU INVESTMENT LOSSES?
Adam Michael Lopez formerly with Country Capital Management Company Has 11 Customer Complaints for Alleged Broker Misconduct In the Past 3 Years
Who is Adam M. Lopez formerly with Country Capital Management Company?
Adam Lopez (CRD #5562750) who was formerly registered with Country Capital Management Company and located in Springfield, Illinois is a subject of one of our many securities industry sales practice abuse investigations.
We are not the only ones investigating Adam Lopez. In December 2018, FINRA commenced an investigation related to the termination of his employment Country Capital Management Company. At the time, and amended Form U-5 was filed stating he was discharged after allegations were made alleging fraud or wrongful taking of property, or violation of the investment-related statutes, regulations, rules or industry standards of conduct.
FINRA requested that Adam Lopez supply it with requested documents related to its investigation. He refused to supply the information and pursuant to FINRA Rule 8210, he was permanently barred from association with any member firm in any capacity.
Adam Lopez remains under investigation by the Illinois of Securities Department.
Country Capital Management Company Broker Misconduct
In his career, Adam Lopez has been the subject of 11customer complaints that we know about, one of those complaints was filed in the last year to recover investment losses. Ten of Adam Lopez’s 11 customer complaints were settled in favor of investors. There is currently one pending customer complaint filed against Adam Lopez’s former employer Country Capital Management Company for investment losses caused by his alleged misconduct.
Allegations Against Adam Lopez
A sample of the allegations made in the FINRA reported arbitration claim settlements and pending complaints for investment losses are as follows:
- The customer alleges unauthorized conduct by Adam Lopez with regard to an affiliate’s fixed insurance products.
- The customer alleges unauthorized conduct by Adam Lopez with regard to an affiliate bank’s managed account.
- The customer alleged that the financial advisor misled her into using distributions from her mutual fund account to purchase life insurance policies.
- Individual alleged that Adam Lopez “embezzled almost all of my money that I was told by [Mr. Lopez] had been invested.”
- Individuals allege fraud and conversion among other things relating to mutual funds to settle for $1.4 million.
- The investor alleged that they completed an application and wrote personal checks made out to the representative to purchase of fixed annuity from an affiliate. However, the issuer of the fixed annuity has no record of this individual for the alleged transaction.
- Multiple family members jointly allege that they were induced by the representative to purchase a variable annuity and wrote personal checks to him but there is no record of the transactions ever being recorded at the annuity company.
Adam Lopez Red Flags & Your Rights as An Investor
Of course, Adam Lopez did not admit to any of the allegations. But regardless of whether an arbitration award was entered, a settlement occurred, or the customer complaint is still pending, the allegations made by customers are red flags which should put all current and former customers of Adam Lopez at Country Capital Management Company on alert to review carefully the activity and performance of their accounts and question whether Adam Lopez has engaged in any stockbroker misconduct that may have caused them investment losses.
The large number of customer complaints at Country Capital Management Company about Adam Lopez also raises questions about its supervisory practices. If these red flags raise questions, call us and we will inform you of your rights as an investor.
File A Claim to Recover Your Investment Losses At Country Capital Management Company
If you have questions about Country Capital Management Company and/or Adam Lopez and the management or performance of your accounts please contact Attorney Pearce for a free initial consultation via email or Toll Free at 1-800-732-2889.